Sunday, February 22, 2009

bondi junction/soundwave music festival

yesterday i moved into my permanent apartment building for the semester. while it's not quite as nice at my stay in the 5-star World Tower in sydney, it is pretty damn nice. I will post a picture when i actually take one, but i still have a full view of the city skyline and can see the ocean from my balcony. life continues to be treating me well. tomorrow i am going to the beach for the first time and will be applying for a few jobs in the local skate and surf shops, so wish me luck.

today, Nick, his roommate Adam, and I took the train an hour and a half to the Soundwave Music Festival outside sydney. we got there right on time, but there were about 8,000 people (literally) in no form of a correct line trying to get in the fairgrounds. long story short, it took us a little under 4 hours to get inside. luckily, we made friends with the people who were standing next to us so we had some people to talk to. they also had a little bottle of the local bundeburg rum, but after a small sip, we realized it wasn't worth the taste. finally we got in and i got to see Every Time I Die, Poison the Well, Horse the Band, the Bloodhound Gang, Alice in Chains, In Flames, Say Anything, and about 10 other bands that i am too lazy to type up. it ended up being an awesome day, but now i am tired and going to go to bed. tomorrow is the first day since i have been here that i don't have to set an alarm in the morning so life can't be much better right now, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment